Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mother's in KELLS MEATH

Options
  • 22-12-2008 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am looking to speak to any Mother's who are living in Kells with Children attending 'Our Lady Of Mercy' school and who's children get one of the private buses home...

My Son currently gets one of the buses home and it is getting to the stage that the fare hikes are becoming ridiculous. when he was in J.Infants I paid €10.00 for him to be collected from school and brought home (5 Journeys €2.00 per journey) , then he went into S.Infants and I signed him up for the weekly return journeys € 22.00(10 journeys €2.20 per journey) I was told it had increased Slightly....

Then after him being left behind on many occasions I decided to go back to him just being collected from school and I would walk him in, in the mornings and to my amazement the invoice asked for €15.00 for the week, one way, 5 journeys ( €3.00 per journey) an increase of €1.00 per journey ! I thought this scandalous but could not get hold of anyone and wrote it on the envelope about the increase being very high.

Anyway this week they are only in the 2 days and I assumed that if he was charging € 15.00 per 5 journeys that it would be €6.00 for the 2 days but the invoice asks for €9.00 !!! I'm furious and don't want to ring him yet cos I'm so angry, this makes the journeys one way now €4.50 !!!! it's cheaper to do a return journey into Navan...

What I'm looking for (if I made sense) is what is everyone else paying ? how many journeys is your child doing and how much is he charging you ? the company is 'Wo*ds'.

Also if anyone knows of the routes the other private buses do around Kells maybe I could change buses, I don't mind if the bus can't drop him to the door , I can meet it maybe on the main road (ardee road), the walk is just too long in the afternoons, my Son does be wrecked, I just had a baby and the weather is appalling.

thanks in advance and sorry for the long post..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

To be honest the chances are slim, why haven't you simply asked the other parents over the holidays instead of putting this on the internet?

I dont like heavy modding, but if i suspect that this thread is anything other than legit it'll be heavy.

So I'm locking this. PM me to convince me this is legit and I will reopen it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement