Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Eflow fines

Options
  • 22-12-2008 3:30pm

So anyway drove up to Belfast lately, and got two 'fines' in the post about ten days back for €6 each journey.

Went to pay today, to be told that I have to pay an extra €40 on top.

Its no biggie, but can I just tell them to take a hike or are they issuing summonses already? I wouldn't mind if there was some warning system, in fact given that the Motorway around Dublin was pretty much one lane due to works being carried out I'd have preferred to be on any other road.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Give them a ring and tell them you were outta the country and only got the notices when you came back.

Thanks.

Can't get through on their number though.

Oh and don't have a credit card anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Be sure to let us know how this pans out for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Get in touch via their website.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Go to a shop and pay the €6 at the payzone places. Then send them an email that you have paid and tell them receipt number and that you have no intention of paying the fine. I'd say they'll let you off. You meeting them half way.

• Advertisement

kikel wrote: »
    Go to a shop and pay the €6 at the payzone

Live in a small town in South Kerry.

No payzone.

No credit card, so paying online not an option either.

Will keep trying their number and if someone decides to answer will try the 'out of the country' routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

OP check out the sticky on the M50. You will be shocked at the amount of this happening.

Rang them and got through.

They were most helpful, and said they would erase the €52 that was outstanding, but I set up some video account which means they will bill me €2.50 by direct debit next time I go through. Oh and they will deduct a one off payment of €5 instead of the outstanding €52. Which all seems very fair to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

They did something similar to the mother. Charged her an extra penallty for some reason, she rang and gave out and they said there was nothing they could do. She paid, and yesterday a letter came in saying they were sorry for what had happened yada yada yada, no mention of a refund though lol.

Advertisement