Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

faulty Indicator Lights on Laguna

Options
  • 22-12-2008 3:11pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Ok this is probably a dumb question to most here but given i know feck all about the science of cars (other than it goes from A to B most of the time), excuse my potential dumbness.

One of the indicators on the car is acting the maggot. When i indicate left, everything is fine. When i indicate left and apply the brake the rear left indicator does work yet the rear left brake light blinks rapidly (as do the front left indicator) It has been occuring more and more recently.

I havent changed any of the bulbs its effecting nor has anything been done to the car that could have affected the electrics etc.

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Yeah, take the light cluster out and clean all the connections to the bulbs, use a nail file or such like. You will have to do this every few months. Common problem on Renaults.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Yeah, take the light cluster out and clean all the connections to the bulbs, use a nail file or such like. You will have to do this every few months. Common problem on Renaults.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

One other thing I found too. This was happening on the missus old Scenic. I tried everything including changing the bulb holder and block connectors. The simplest thing turned out to be the problem. The car didnt like the cheap halfords brakelight bulb. I changed it to a bosch (iirc) and the problem went away and never came back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭JackFrosty

Fordsused to do that alot, with them it was usually a bad earth (thats what my mechanic told me)

Advertisement