Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone battery rip off -phonevolts.com-

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭geraardo

I dont have the iphone but do have the ipod touch if i want a replacement battery i would have to send the whole ipod away didnt know you could replace the iphone battery yourself can you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭kingshankly

incredible diference id love to email them as to why the charge 8 times the price

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

geraardo wrote: »
    I dont have the iphone but do have the ipod touch if i want a replacement battery i would have to send the whole ipod away didnt know you could replace the iphone battery yourself can you ?
    Apple are overpriced snakes. The batteries are CRAP, inbuilt obsolescence and they make them hard to change the battery, it can be done yourself, you might need a similar toolkit. I know people who replaced batteries upon purchase, there are better ones with higher capacity always out there.
    http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.itouch%20battery
    incredible diference id love to email them as to why the charge 8 times the price
    They do not have to justify anything to anybody, this pointless questioning and moaning just results in time being used up by you and them, leading to higher prices again. Just like stores are now squandering money employing people to remove dual pricing form products to appease idiots. Really pisses me off to see this in shops I usually go to, this cost will be passed on to ME.

This is yet another thread that should be in bargain alerts. No ripoff happened. it is cheaper here
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10506

A REAL ripoff would be buying the battery and it only lasting 20mins when charged. This is just an item with a high price tag, no scam, no confidence trick, no profiteering (they are freely available) NO RIPOFF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

rubadub wrote: »
    This is yet another thread that should be in bargain alerts. No ripoff happened. it is cheaper here
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10506

A REAL ripoff would be buying the battery and it only lasting 20mins when charged. This is just an item with a high price tag, no scam, no confidence trick, no profiteering (they are freely available) NO RIPOFF

yes, a scam is one type of rip-off.

However, the english language is very rich, there are often a number of meanings for a single phrase.

A rip-off can also mean a theft, an imitation, or somthing overpriced.

see here

Advertisement