Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Camera in Very Cold Conditions

Options
  • 22-12-2008 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭

Im going snowboarding at the end of Janurary and was considering bring my DSLR!
    Has anyone ever brought one with them on a ski trip before?? Apart from the obvious; falling with the camera in the back pack or getting snow on it - are there any other risks.
    Think I read somewhere that when you bring the camera in from the cold the lens can suffer from condensation - is that just a minor problem that just needs time to sort out or would it have any other damaging effects (eg. if condensations was so bad droplets would appear and stain the inside of the lens and unable to clean / mess up the internal workings)

Had my P&S with me last year and didnt have any problems but obviously theres a huge difference! Might just have to be happy with that if there are issues!

Any experience or advise greatly appreciated!!

Comments

Advertisement