Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manky sensor help

Options
  • 21-12-2008 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭

My da usually uses my a200, however coming up to christmas he (and I) thought he would uses his KM 7D for a bit.

Long story short the cap had come lose during its 2 month holiday in the bottom drawer and the sensor had become totally manky with dust...... I tried one of those air rocket things but it just moved round the dust.

Neither of us will touch the thing so it will have to be cleaned, most likely wet cleaned.
    Where is the best place to get this done (anywher in north kildare or dublin) and how long will it take and how much will it cost???

Any help would be appreciated.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Conn's do a cleaning service for 50 quid while you wait i think, try calling them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Conns do a dry dust sensor cleaning servce last time I checked - approx 50 I think

(Image Supply Systems) ISS do a wet dust cleaning service .approx 70 I think.

Both in Dublin..... I'd say probably best to do it yourself - cleaning solution and wipes. (cost approx 30euro for 5 swaps in Conns and more for the cleaning solution approx 10-15euro) but they will clean the sensor a couple of times.

Personally I dont like either - prefer to do it myself and it seems to be working alright.

Advertisement