Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

distribution of motos in ireland ?

Options
  • 21-12-2008 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Anyone seen a website which shows what percentage of cars are in use in ireland ? like 10% toyota, 11% nissan. what ever.

I think it would be real interesting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

The SIMI have figures for the vehicles registered in Ireland each year, and the model mix. Have a look on their site, it's all in there somewhere.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

yeah thats interesting alright... but a nice stat would be how many on the road - like all the old reliable jap cars, or the italian alfa romeo.

motortax would be a great source ! still searching though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Frightening some of the figures, in a couple of months some Marques have 0 cars sold, imagine with all their showrooms and marketing budgets not selling one car in a month, worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Where did that one guy find a brand new MG or Rover?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've seen an 07 MG ZR on the roads, so I suspect there was still some 'new old stock' sitting around one of the dealers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Only 363 Alfa's sold in almost a full year?!

And only ONE in November. Thats unreal. Not a huge Alfa fan or anything but thats shocking

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

yeah it's a pretty bad stat for Alfa's alright. Friend of mine works for a main Alfa dealer and apparently going by the orders so far the new year will be even worse :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Cpaw

miju wrote: »
    yeah it's a pretty bad stat for Alfa's alright. Friend of mine works for a main Alfa dealer and apparently going by the orders so far the new year will be even worse :)

Seems very immature for a 'mod' to ':)' at that. It's not funny that people are losing their jobs in this recession.

Toyota, Ford and VW plus Opel are the top 4 best selling in Ireland. Shame Ford is not 1. I once remember that 'lola' posting saying Ford would bow out of Ireland in 2009, what a load of **** from that poster.

I wonder if the Focus is STILL the best selling car in Ireland for 2008?;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

that was a late night typo shoulda been a :( . I know people are going to lose their jobs, my friend is a mechanic and is one of them (is already on week on / week off).

The motor industry needs to respond to the current climate though which it is spectacularly failing to do as they've been too busy creaming it for years. My friend above drove up with me at the weekend to Antrim to pick up my new 2004 156 JTD Veloce. Total cost for me including VRT was €5,900. Now in the dealership where he works the exact same specced model with an extra 20,000 miles on the clock to boot woulda have cost me €13,000.

Did my friend blame me for not spending money in the Southern motor market? Did he **** . It's basically sink or swim time for alot of dealers IMHO and I'm guessing most will sink going by how they are reacting to the recession thus far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Cpaw

miju wrote: »
    It's basically sink or swim time for alot of dealers IMHO and I'm guessing most will sink going by how they are reacting to the recession thus far.

Such a shame, I hope the industry can recover for 2010.

Cpaw wrote: »
    Seems very immature for a 'mod' to ':)' at that. It's not funny that people are losing their jobs in this recession.

Toyota, Ford and VW plus Opel are the top 4 best selling in Ireland. Shame Ford is not 1. I once remember that 'lola' posting saying Ford would bow out of Ireland in 2009, what a load of **** from that poster.

I wonder if the Focus is STILL the best selling car in Ireland for 2008?;)
    Cpaw wrote: »
    Good, they deserve it after ripping people off for years.

Contradictions much?

Its quite clear your a troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Here is the list sorted by Largest to Smallest % Share. For those that didnt open the Excel file, the First Column is that month (ie November in the below) and second is Year to date. % Share is calculated from Year to Date figure.

SIMI dont seem to know how to do Absolute formatting so you can't sort with one click:

CarSharesIreland.jpg

VAG, Toyota and Ford make up 45% of the cars sold! VAG seem to be on top with 18% but I didnt dig into "who owns who" in car companies tree too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭sk8board

Interesting the 159 Land rovers registered in June 08 in advance of the VRT changes (only 17 July-Nov). How many of them are actually still on forecourts.

I guess the garages can't send the car's back, so registereing them all in June was the only option

Advertisement