Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The dog who started it all

Options
  • 21-12-2008 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭

Toughy is an old boy now, I've rescued him from Itinerants in Limerick and he was in a dreadful state. He's 12 yro now and enjoys his couch and a cuddle with my son. He's the reason I've had childlocks on my fridge before I even had a child.

His little face is all grey now:
    p918620.jpg

I'm not looking at you:
    p918621.jpg

Let's cuddle:
    p918622.jpg

He's the dog I've learnt the most from and I was often close to a nervous breakdown because of him. He had severe SA, ate everything in sight with or without the wrapper, chased cats and fowl and once disappeared for two hours ...

He's also the most accident prone dog I've ever had, I've lost count on how often he was seen by the vet when he was younger. Nowadays, he has calmed down and is just like any other old dog around here.

I've taken in and rehomed over 1000 dogs since I met Toughy. But he was the first and he stayed ;).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Its actually smiling in the first picture, that is adorable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Yes, he can smile alright :).

I just love oldies and I always wonder why people have to go for pups when there are so many older dogs looking for homes...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

iThanks for sharing Egar and well done in what you have achieved.

Advertisement