Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Beard Resolution

Options
  • 21-12-2008 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Just a quick word, I've organised a fundraiser for Cystic Fibrosis, called 'New Beards Resolution'. The drummer in our band has it and as I'm sure many of you are aware:
    --Ireland has one of the highest rates of CF per capita in the world.
    --The lowest survival rate
    -- Average life expectancy of just 19.

Basically It involves a shave of facial hair on New Year's Eve. Participants must not shave again until the day lent starts (February 25th) thats 7 weeks without a shave. Obviously it'll be messier for some more than others but it's for a good cause!

Anyway, on that day (which we're calling TASH Wednesday) all participants will shave it down to a moustache. You can pick whichever one you like: handlebar, french, hitler, whiskers, be creative =]. That night we (Kevin On A Bike) will play a gig with a few other bands (who will also have participated) and all of the proceeds will also go to CF Ireland.

So if you think you might be interested, message me and I can arrange to get you a sponsorship card.

Take it easy folks and have a great Xmas.

Peace

Fitz
    x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

Would if I could mate but like I said I've the facial hair growth of a 5 year old school girl!

Ask me to wear a thong however and I'd be well up for it!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Haha... I think i'll put that picture up =]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

21e509d.png

for anyone wondering what the thong comment was about, view the attachment below.

Guys please come to the gig, it's gonna be hilarious all the moustaches, good music and for a great cause

Advertisement