Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EVF on an slr???

Options
  • 21-12-2008 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭

To my shock and horror, the other day, I discovered that the new lumix dslr was going to be fitted with an electronic viewfinder!?! They are completly pointless on a slr. There not fast enough and lack any sort of clarity or contrast whatsoever. I found one on fuji bridge and couldnt stand it.

A word of advice to canon/sony/nikon/olympus/pentax, please dont ever use evf on your slrs!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Tbh, they can't really be bandying around the term SLR if it's...well... not.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭charybdis

The Lumix you're referring to isn't an SLR, in functionality or in name.

I don't think the SLR market will warm to the (Micro) Four Thirds system, mostly due to sensor size, but I am very exited by the prospect of good quality digital-rangefinder style cameras with interchageable lenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,680 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Yeah, the advertising on those things is very clever though, and IMO quite deceptive, Its designed to confuse the unwary and unaware. The tagline is "DSLReinvented" , and they go into some length about how its an evolution from the DSLR with its 'cumbersome' mirror arrangement etc etc. No mention of the -disadvantages- of an EVF of course :-)

So at no point do they actually directly refer to it as a DSLR, so technically its well within the law but still a bit dodge I think.

Advertisement