Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Temp. Gauge not working On transit

Options
  • 21-12-2008 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

I have a 1990 transit beavertail truck, it never gives any trouble and always starts first turn of the key,
    I am not a mechanic but i can do alot of the basic repairs when i need to.
    Now electrics are not my thing and i never know where to start on such faults.
    Anyway the temp. gauge has stopped working on my old tranny, where do i start and what am i looking at to fix it?
    Also i am looking for an electric winch for her if anyone has one!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'd start by replacing the temperature sender. You will need to top up the coolant after you do this. You can always test the sender by using an ohm meter or by putting various resistances in place of the sender, but you'd need to know what the resistance values should be. Maybe someone with more Ford experience than I have would have these values.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭JackFrosty

Where will i find this sender? i just know im asking areally silly question there!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It's fitted to the engine - directly inserted into the coolant system. I'm sorry I can't be more specific but I'm sure others will be able to point you to the exact location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭JackFrosty

I will have a look tomorrow thanks

Advertisement