Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Change of ownership

Options
  • 21-12-2008 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

Alright so it's my first car and I'm completly ignorant at what to do. It's my brothers car that I'm getting but I can't ask him at the moment because he's probably fast asleep(shift work). The car was registered in 96. What form do I get and where do I get it? How long does it take, I was hoping to have this sorted out before the new year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭JackFrosty

All the info you need should be on the log book, they done away with change of ownership forms for cars registered after 93,

check back of log book for new owner section

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Orla K wrote: »
    Alright so it's my first car and I'm completly ignorant at what to do. It's my brothers car that I'm getting but I can't ask him at the moment because he's probably fast asleep(shift work). The car was registered in 96. What form do I get and where do I get it? How long does it take, I was hoping to have this sorted out before the new year.

The form is the log book/tax book which ever you call it. Fill out your in the back and send it to the Department of Transport, Shannon, Co.Clare. Once sent, it can take up to six weeks* to come back.

*According to Berty

Advertisement