Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The best band B cars.

Options
  • 21-12-2008 2:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭

Mickdw listed a few band B cars (CO2 emmisions <= 140 g/km) in another thread. I've added a couple more. Are there any other band B cars out there that could be considered amongst the best? Do Mercedez have anything in band B?

New model audi A6 2.0tdi 136 bhp approx
    Audi TT quattro 2.0tdi 170 bhp
    bmw 520d 177 bhp
    bmw 320d 177 bhp
    bmw 123d 204 bhp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Band B is €150 tax isn't it.

That'll be a great sale point for the Audi TT, including the diesel engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,277 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Im not big into mercedes but i think they have a 250cdi blue efficiency coming at some stage this year which will allow them to join the party. Its coming here in the c class first and I guess later in the next generation E Class. Other efficiency engines later

The current e220 cdi is band d, €430 to tax and 24% vrt

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

mickdw wrote: »
    Im not big into mercedes but i think they have a 250cdi blue efficiency coming at some stage this year which will allow them to join the party. Its coming here in the c class first and I guess later in the next generation E Class. Other efficiency engines later

The current e220 cdi is band d, €430 to tax and 24% vrt

Will the 250 be a 2.5 or what's the story with it do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

I agree on the Merc C250 CDI Blue Efficiency.

It may be diesel and even worse it only has 4 cylinders but 204 bhp, average fuel consumption of 54.3 mpg, an astounding 369 lb ft of torque, an electronically limited speed of 250 km/h and 0-100 in 7.0 seconds is a work of art.

I genuinely would love to know how they did it. I just hope that that engine will be reliable, the technical spec of that engine is extremely impressive on paper and that engine is putting out more power and torque than 3.0 litre engines were only a few years ago but yet it is only a 2.1 litre engine so I'm very nervous that it will last especially given Merc's spectacular fall from grace on the reliability front in recent times.

Still though, it's the only Merc I'd ever consider buying.

I love our band B 520d though:D!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

As these are 2008 cars, the reduction in tax, is a drop in the ocean compared to the depreciation no?

• Advertisement
Advertisement