Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

flashing engine light

Options
  • 21-12-2008 1:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi there.

I wonder could anyone tell me what a flashing engine light in a 2001 Toyota Corollo might mean. I know I need to have it checked but would it wait until Monday or would I do more damage driving it over the week-end. It's not as smooth as usual.
    I would be grateful for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,032 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Look in the handbook, if you have it.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

It means HELP fix me.:D

Sounds like Lambda sensor.
    Try disconnecting the Lambda sensor and see if that makes any difference.

Diagonstic test probably needed here though.

Makes sense to avoid driving it as it could be anything but it is unlikely to cause you engine to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It means HELP fix me.:D

Sounds like Lambda sensor.
    Try disconnecting the Lambda sensor and see if that makes any difference.

Diagonstic test probably needed here though.

Makes sense to avoid driving it as it could be anything but it is unlikely to cause you engine to die.

What if he doesn't know what a lambada sensor looks like? He could remove something entirely different. OP bring to an indi garage if you want to get it looked at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

The instruction manual tells you nothing other then get to an authorised toyota dealer! Is this a flashing yellow or red?
    You'll have to get it too a dignostic to it for sure.
    I had it on steady and it was the air flow meter in my one that was about 125 to get replaced.

Is the engine running ok or any funny noises?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

cabrwab wrote: »
    The instruction manual tells you nothing other then get to an authorised toyota dealer!

Indi's have diagnostic tools too. Sure part with an arm and a leg if you wnat to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Toyota are having major problems with engines at the moment and giving out free ones left, right and centre trying to save face. Contact your Toyota dealer and they'll sort it for you. So much for they being the best built cars in the world old s**te.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

junkyard wrote: »
    Toyota are having major problems with engines at the moment and giving out free ones left, right and centre trying to save face. Contact your Toyota dealer and they'll sort it for you. So much for they being the best built cars in the world old s**te.:pac:

they are hardly going to give him a new engine for a 01 car ?
    why advise him go to a main dealer but a good indy would be way cheaper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

snowman707 wrote: »
    they are hardly going to give him a new engine for a 01 car ?
    why advise him go to a main dealer but a good indy would be way cheaper!

I advised him because there's a very good chance his repairs won't cost him anything as Toyota engines are blowing up all over the place and an independent garage will charge him. There's a very good chance a 01 car will be covered as it seems to be a design fault just like the last model too.

Advertisement