Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drummer and Bassist wanted for a few gigs

Options
  • 21-12-2008 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hey all.

Ok, so here's the thing. After 5 or so years of writing and recording all alone I think the time has come to take some of it to the stage. I mainly play guitar and bass myself and I'm looking for a drummer and a bassist to help me out. I've kept things pretty quiet over the years so at this stage I'm seriously dying to play this music, loud, in front of actual people.

It'd be a short-term project. Basically the plan is to learn a few songs, rehearse a couple of times with the intent of playing a gig or two. I'm in D15, but I'd imagine we'd rehearse in the city-centre. That's all, I'm not really looking for a long-term thing. That said, if it goes well I'd be open to it.

As regards influences... well all you need to know is that there's music here...

http://www.bebo.com/MusicAlbum.jsp?MusicAlbumId=7950918068&MemberId=4557847617

...your best bet is to go and have a listen. If you identify with the concept of instrumental music that'll help a lot too :). I know some people just don't dig it. There's a pretty wide range of styles going on but I'd imagine playing the 'heavier'-type stuff live.

In a nutshell if you play drums or bass and can imagine yourself playing it then gimme a shout.

Male/Female, Long-haired/Short-haired; I am an equal oppurtunities employer :)

Thank you kindly,
    Alex.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 samsonicflood

Hay just took a listen to some of ur music and i like, i play bass myself and would interested in playing, im only looking for a short term thing myself. if u want to contact me u can catch me on my email samsonicflood@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭doh777

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

I'm a guitarist so I'm not here to offer my services. I just listened to some of your music. Man, that stuff is awesome. I love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Crowdof1

Thanks, nice to know there might be at least one person in the audience when the time comes :D Musical opinions are also much appreciated at this point in time.

Yeah bebo won't let me upload the last song. I've been trying for weeks now! Still, even tho it's not as good as it used to be, the quality is still better then on myspace and it's not like I have a reputation to worry about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

some of that stuff is excellent. if you need a bass player and you cant find a good one, give me a pm.

• Advertisement

I think we, the gig-going irish public, could definitely use something a little different. I know one or two gigs isn't really gonna change things but if I've learned anything in the last while it's that the interest is definitely there.

So i suppose I would say that if anyone feels held back because they don't have a singer, just try and get out there anyway. Like the old dr. peppers ads used to say, "What's the worst that could happen?!"

hey man, only listened to 2 of the tracks so far and i like this stuff. I've been playing drums for 6 years. Give me a shout if you're interested in jamming.

adios

Ok, looks like I have the drum and bass issues sorted for now.

Thanks to everyone for the interest.

I might be on the lookout for keys and percussionists in a few weeks time if there's a need to bigify the line-up. So if you see another thread don't be too surprised :D

Looks like I spoke a little too soon on that one... my bad :cool:

So once again, calling all drummers, male/female, short/tall, young/old.

Tho if it helps, currently the folks involved are both male, average height, and relatively young

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 drums123

Crowdof1 wrote: »
    Looks like I spoke a little too soon on that one... my bad :cool:

So once again, calling all drummers, male/female, short/tall, young/old.

Tho if it helps, currently the folks involved are both male, average height, and relatively young

Hello
    can you tell me where you are based?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 erronious monk

hey hey, how you doin?? i'm new to this site so not 2 sure if you found the people your lookin for yet but hell man, if you need a bassplayer im good 2 go.got me plenty of experience+got my ass some music degrees and im studyin in the jazz college in dublin at the moment so if you still need someone im diggin your music+good to go so just get in touch at 0863132727
    text is prolly better
    cheers dude

Hello again...

Looking for a bassist now, so bass players of the world unite, anyone out there who might be interested feel free to gimme a shout.

Might as well throw down some influences while I'm here - I'm into the likes of Peter Gabriel, Sigur Ros, Incubus, John Frusciante, Bjork... to name but 5, but sure the list goes on.

I suppose a quick bump couldn't hurt...

Advertisement