Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time HDR for C&C

Options
  • 20-12-2008 7:42pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've always loved these type of images with fantastic lumination and colours. I'm on holidays at the moment so I'm using my camera more so decided to give it a go. Here are my first few attempts - feedback welcome.

n608395332_5211593_4147.jpg

n608395332_5211612_9045.jpg

n608395332_5211613_9312.jpg

I'm using a Canon 400D, Sigma 17-70. using +/- 2 exposure. HDR Software is Photomatix.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i quite like no.1 , other too seems rather saturated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Click Clicky

You need to pull back the saturation on all 3 big time. 2 and 3 seem a little out of focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Hey Zascar,
    I'm not sure what I think of these image tbh.
    I quite like the first shot, the sky is lovely but I think the foreground is a little too dreamy. Favourite of the bunch though!

#2, I looked at it and said 'Ooo, nice' then I went to reply, looked again and didn't like it. The colours seems to similar. The sky doesn't look too nice imo and blends too much with the colour of all the far off buildings.

#3 I like but could it have been achieved with just the one exposure?

All in all, good stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

I'm not a fan of HDR - the results of the technique look totally fake and horrible to me. That aside, I don't see much going on above either in the chosen subjects or their compositions with the exception of the first. Sorry 'bout that. Perhaps find a more interesting subject and then try ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,680 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

I'm with Hugh on this one, HDR definately has its uses, ie, to potray, in a single picture, a range of tones that would be impossible to capture in the one exposure.

What you've done here isn't HDR. Its probably what people understand as HDR nowadays though, which is just effectively some process that completely flattens all the tones and bumps up the saturation to the max. The only thing missing is some unsightly halo-ing around all the details in the image. I'd definately turn down the effect a notch or two if you're doing it in future.

• Advertisement
Advertisement