Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

extra key 1995 fiesta

Options
  • 20-12-2008 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to get a key for door only for 1995 fiesta.My door lock is wonky and i am afraid i will break the ignition key. Passenger door won't open from out side either

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭JackFrosty

Get a key cut from the one you have, if your only using it to open the door, then it doesent need to be chipped, and should be cheap enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

JackFrosty wrote: »
    Get a key cut from the one you have, if your only using it to open the door, then it doesent need to be chipped, and should be cheap enough
    OH cheers didn't know i could do that;) they can cut it from the chipped one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭JackFrosty

yes they can, its a simple job for them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Hey! I drive a 99 Fiesta and after the cold snap the door locks went really wonky. I could barely get the doors to unlock and I was getting really worried about it. I thought I had maybe forced the lock when it was frozen or something. Anyway, I sprayed some WD40 into the locks and I also sprayed it onto the keys and moved it back and force and also tried to unlock and lock the door a couple of times. The lock is fine now! Maybe give it a try?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Yeah WD40 might help - I had the same problem as ergonomics recently. Also, my Fiesta came with a small chipless key (and two normal keys) - I take it yours were lost by previous owners?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

Is it possible to get a key for door only for 1995 fiesta.My door lock is wonky and i am afraid i will break the ignition key. Passenger door won't open from out side either

The other tips should work out for you but if you still need it, I have a key for a '96 Fiesta if that's any use to you?

Advertisement