Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need help selling car quickly!!!

Options
  • 20-12-2008 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Rite so I will get straight to the point. I have a 01 laguna and need to sell it asap, I have tried advertising with little success!

And before anyone starts it is not stolen, damaged or anything like that, its in very good condition. I have been left go from my job recently and need the money! :o

Whats the story with car auctions? And if anyone has any ideas how I can get rid of it (preferably in the south east region!!!) please let me know!!

Any advice welcome!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Show us said advertising, and how much you looking for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭whos who

Show us said advertising, and how much you looking for it?

Advertised in local papers. Good or bad?? €3000.

whos who wrote: »
    Advertised in local papers. Good or bad?? €3000.

Need more info on the cars spec.

Advertise in more places, www.buyandsell.ie, www.adverts.ie, www.carzone.ie, so on so forth. But really no matter what spec it has, it's not worth €3k. What engine/mileage/colour/nct?

Need more info on the cars spec.

Advertise in more places, www.buyandsell.ie, www.adverts.ie, www.carzone.ie, so on so forth. But really no matter what spec it has, it's not worth €3k. What engine/mileage/colour/nct?

1.6l supersport, 50000 miles n.c.t 05/09, silver. Why is 3k to much???:confused:

1.6l supersport, 50000 miles n.c.t 05/09, silver. Why is 3k to much???:confused:

Because it's a 1.6l supersport, 50000 miles n.c.t 05/09, silver Renault Laguna.

It's probably worth about 1500, if you can get some one to buy it. It'll make very little at auction.

Here's a 03 for 4K, would be bought for 3K or less.
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Renault/Laguna/Sport/200847190972088/advert

• Advertisement

ouch..........:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

I'm sure it's worth at least 2.5-3k with that low mileage on it provided it is in reasonable condition with service history.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

VolvoMan wrote: »
    I'm sure it's worth at least 2.5-3k with that low mileage on it provided it is in reasonable condition with service history.

The thing is, is that it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. And people simply aren't buying cars these days, especially ones with poor reliability reputation, regardless of how good the car has been serviced etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,834 ✭✭✭✭unkel

This is it. Those prices that Limerick-man suggests are low, but realistic. You won't get much more than a grand at auction. There was another poster on here a few days ago who could get an '02 Laguna for free and he was wondering was that a good deal :eek:

So whats the best way of getting rid of it then?? Like I said in the first post I need the cash soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

So whats the best way of getting rid of it then?? Like I said in the first post I need the cash soon.

Just price it attractively at something like 1500 Euro if you're in a rush to sell it. The car isn't necessarily worth that, but as pointed out above no one is buying cars at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭JackFrosty

3k is a bit steep, reduce the price and stick it on cars for sale web sites,

local papers have a very limited readership(if such a word exsists).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭Dartz

Unkel, that was me.. and sure I went for it.

I was given one, because the owner couldn't be bothered selling it. It was more effort than the car was worth. I'm told they're not as bad as they're rep... And I know the car I got from new, and the only problem it's ever given is that it's got a noticeable vibration somewhere in the front end. It's just that that problem is an NCT failure, and probably an expensive fix if it's more than a wheel out of balance.

Otherwise, it's still pretty tight.

Anyway tt wasn't whether the car was any good or not, it was more whether it would cost more to fix, than it would for me to buy a car without a problem. but, that's for the mechanic's quote to decide, and that'll have to wait until January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

1k.

Thanks for the advice!!

How about a raffle................€3 a ticket for a car, sell a 1000 tickets and bobs your uncle!!!:D:p;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,478 ✭✭✭maidhc

Thanks for the advice!!

How about a raffle................€3 a ticket for a car, sell a 1000 tickets and bobs your uncle!!!:D:p;)

sounds like this:
    http://www.clown-ministry.com/index_1.php/site/articles/dead_donkey_raffle/

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

Just hold on to it, would hardly be worth your while selling it now, what u pay for her by the way?

1k.

:rolleyes:

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

I was in grange motors outside mullingar earlier and out front he has about 15 cars all types from 5grand all the way up to 25k, avenis, corolla, a4, odd passat etc, prices were on cars the last few months all the while going down a bit each month. Now he has a big sign on the fence saying "Make me an offer". All prices on windscreens taken down, getting bad when a dealer does that!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

:rolleyes:

:p

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement