Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How long to get a Vehicle Reg Cert back from Clare?

Options
  • 20-12-2008 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Quick question. Bought my Alfa a few weeks back and dealer said he was sending off Logbook/Cert but that it might take a few weeks to come back to me. How long does it normally take from posting the details down to Shannon to the logbook coming back, or appearing as altered on the Motortax.ie website?

Cheers,
    Simon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭JackFrosty

no easy answer to your question!
    a week to four weeks can be normal, can take longer sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

This is what It says in the Charter.

* This is a public forum used by people with no idea what they are talking about. Don't assume the advice given is correct.

I called Shannon on your behalf and it is taking up to 6 weeks due to the high volume of vehicle ownership changes. Yeah right!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Ya it used to be about 6-8 months when times were busy lol:D

But really, it shouldn't take more than 4 or 5 weeks.

But really, it shouldn't take more than 4 or 5 weeks.

*Are you a fvcking ret*rd? Did you not read my last fvcking post? *disclaimer

I just came out of a turrets thread in AH, its kind of sticks for about an hour or so

Berty wrote: »
    *Are you a fvcking ret*rd? Did you not read my last fvcking post? *disclaimer
    I just came out of a turrets thread in AH, its kind of sticks for about an hour or so

Ya they say 6 weeks, but that's just to cover there arse's. Don't be cursing at me, i'll be passing by your house in a few mins and i'lll bate and egg at it hahah:D

• Advertisement

Ya they say 6 weeks, but that's just to cover there arse's. Don't be cursing at me, i'll be passing by your house in a few mins and i'lll bate and egg at it hahah:D

Typical. The name is certainly befitting of your location. :D I wont be there anyway. I will be on the way to collect GF as soon as I click submit reply. I will wait along the R503(somewhere) with a tin of red paint and hoist it all over your car. It will make a nice adittion to all the car on your car already anyhow.

Berty wrote: »
    Typical. The name is certainly befitting of your location. :D I wont be there anyway. I will be on the way to collect GF as soon as I click submit reply. I will wait along the R503(somewhere) with a tin of red paint and hoist it all over your car. It will make a nice adittion to all the car on your car already anyhow.

I'll be driving the Punto :P

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You can check below if your vehicle recently changed ownership:

https://www.motortax.ie/PSE/start.do;jsessionid=0aa0114830d839f6107c30644ffdac3bef8f76986299.e38PaNaSbhuOay0PaNz0?page=welcome

It is not unusual for dealers to forget to post it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

bazz26 wrote: »

Handy link that, especially is buying a car private and you suspect it's being changed hands alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    Handy link that, especially is buying a car private and you suspect it's being changed hands alot.

Indeed.

It only seems to have appeared there recently with very little publicity and most folks don't know about it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

A bit insensitive? Especially from someone from Limerick?

kbannon wrote: »
    A bit insensitive? Especially from someone from Limerick?

:eek: How could i have spelt AN wrong ;)

The cousin had also just told me someone threw an egg at their door so it was on the mind:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Car bought on 8th of december
    Received the log book today..

not bad. :D

ClioV6 wrote: »
    Car bought on 8th of december
    Received the log book today..

not bad. :D

Now Berty, shove that in your pipe:P

You have the car that long, ClioV6, and you have yet to post a pic. It's Sunday, get washing.:D

Advertisement