Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork to Carlow

Options
  • 20-12-2008 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Anyone know whats the best route to take when travelling from Cork to Carlow and how long it takes?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

Well I know that the Carlow - Cahir - Cork route takes about an hour and a half depending on traffic, Carlow - Waterford - Cork takes about the same really because the road from carlow to waterford is absolutely cat, no overtaking on it at all, not that the carlow to cahir road is any better but there's dual carrage way's most of the way from cahir to cork so you can floor it,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

it takes approx 2 and a half hours , maybe 2 if traffic is light, i always go carlow, cahir , cork myself.

1 hour approx to clonmel, 15 mins to cahir to join motorway and then an hour to an hour an a quarter to jack lynch tunnel from there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Tom10 wrote: »
    Well I know that the Carlow - Cahir - Cork route takes about an hour and a half depending on traffic, Carlow - Waterford - Cork takes about the same really because the road from carlow to waterford is absolutely cat, no overtaking on it at all, not that the carlow to cahir road is any better but there's dual carrage way's most of the way from cahir to cork so you can floor it,
    an hour and a half???NOT possible, about 2.5 hrs, there is also a toll to bypass Fermoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭bottletops

just did it today!!

Going down:
    Carlow - Castlecomer - ballyragget - Durrow - Cork (2hrs)

Coming back
    Cork - Abbeyleix - Carlow (2:15)

You can also go Carlow - Kilkenny - Cashel - Cork but I hate that road

Waterford is just a joke with traffic + new motorway to Mitchelstown from Cullahill is brilliant!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

Carlow - Kilkenny - Cashel - Cork road....shudder to think doing that road....god, i dont think they updated that road since my granfathers day....as a child....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Cashel to Mitchelstown is a new road.

is that the one that open last month?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

aynon wrote: »
    is that the one that open last month?

yes it is, i did carlow-cahir-mitchelstown in 1hr 45 today, and coming back went mitchelstown-new motorway to near abbeyleix and then carlow, that took 1hr 30mins.

ah right, havent journeyed that for a few weeks now, must go if its going to take as long as it does to dublin now....havent been to cobh for ages....
    love cobh

Advertisement