Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

astra lights

Options
  • 20-12-2008 2:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭

lately my mother has been finding it hard to see were she is going in the dark. she finds the lights aren't bright enough.

what could she do. when the hid light blubs be any good.

can you fit them to dip lights and full beams. and what watt would be best.
    were would you get these type of lights.

it for a 07 astra

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Is it just your mother or everyone driving the car? Sometimes it's the eyesight going or the prescription on the glasses.

The lights may also be dirty .. have you checked and tried to clean them?

If you've covered all those bases already then carry on ...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Try these, i've used the H4 in two cars and it's well worthwhile.

http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/product_detail.asp?prod=81

• Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭cena

no i too find it hard to c in the dark with lights, but i don't drive it as much as her. car was cleaned the other day.

i'v the same problem with my punto. thinking of higher ing the lights up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Purchase a higher output bulb that is still 55 watt. Philips and Osram do 55watt bulb that burn at 85watt. Great light. A pair of bulbs for her dipped bulbs would be around €20+.

However how does she not have enough light? When she is driving in urban areas the dipped beams make no difference at all.

When she is driving in a rural area she will be using her high beam so she will have loads of light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

The bulbs could be grand but the alignment could be off. The car doesn't seem that old, is there any chance she has the beam adjust set too low??? You know the button for adjusting the headlamp beam??? Check that it isn't turned way down or adjust it up and see if there is any improvement and clean the headlamps and see if there is a better result. Also, check they are both working!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

You could try these (from a different thread)
    Because i've no patients to wait on shipping a week or so from an online shop, i bought Halfords Extreme Brilliance bulbs over the weekend.

The halfords Extreme Brilliance bulbs are also supposed to be +90% brighter than the originals. They were doing a buy one get on free offer also, so cost €29 in total.
    I dunno about being 90% brighter but I can say i'm happy with them. They definitely give off a whiter / brighter light than the originals.

Some pics;
    Original
    originalag4.jpg

Halfords Extreme Brilliance
    halfordsrc6.jpg

I had the camera set on totally automatic to try and give a good comparison but neither are great :o
    The two pictures of the actual headlights (with before and after) appear the same cos the camera couldn't handle the brightness....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Wow I cant believe you paid nearly 30e for two light bulbs and that was a buy one get one free offer. :eek::D

I need new dipped light bulbs for my Astra I think I will get the normal ones only 2e a bulb, then go my treat myself to a nice steak with my change :D

Tell your mum to keep her headlights clean during the winter. GF has the same car and they can go dull with the dirt on them.

I have a 99 Astra and the same thing happens especially if your sitting behind a lorry in slow traffic.

Advertisement