Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Puppies

Options
  • 20-12-2008 2:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,869 ✭✭✭✭

Please contact your local paper & ask them to stop allowing advertisers to list puppies at Christmas. All the English locals & Freeads ban puppy adverts after the 1st December. This means that breeders don't breed for Christmas.

The Galway advertiser has a weekly GSPCA column for rehoming along with 25 ads for Christmas puppies some of which will end up in the GSPCA column.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

DoneDeal has a big statement on it about how the owners are dog lovers and monitor the ads and are against puppy farming and take dog welfare soooo seriously...
    But yet the majority of their puppy ads at the moment are "Ideal Xmas gift" and "Will hold for Xmas".

I just ran a search for "Xmas" and "Christmas" and in total, 144 ads for puppies came up.

You're real animal lovers DoneDeal...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,869 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

The scary thing is that, in today's economic climate, many of those puppies will not sell. The rescues will get less donations & far more unwanted dogs. I think that the situation in Feb/March could be very serious.

Some people may see a litter as a way of raising needed cash & may decide to breed from their dog making the situation even worse.

I once bought a Boxer puppy. The breeder insisted on visiting my home, & made me sign an agreement that she could visit without notice & reclaim the dog if it was neglected. When she told me of these conditions I knew that she was the breeder for me. Needless to say a fabulous dog from a responsible breeder.

Advertisement