Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POLL:Will BOI be nationalised?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

In your position, I personally would not sell them.

That is not, of course, intended as formal investment advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Baird

stainluss wrote: »
    I bought shares at 0.85c since it has dropped to 0.68c... do you think it could be heading in the Anglo Irish direction?(shares going to nil, nationalization etc.) http://www.sharewatch.mdgms.com/markets/quote.html?idNotation=50653
    Would you personally buy shares at the current price? I have heard BOI isnt capitalised as good as AIB

Heres a better question, why did you buy them at 85c?
    Cant really say whether you should sell them as we dont know how much you bought.
    If you bought €500 as a punt then fair enough, however if its 20k of an
    investment then i really really would not like to have to be in your position over
    the next 3 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭pandamoanium

I've been following the BOI saga with interest over the pst few weeks, and I too have also been wondering whether they will be nationalised at some stage.

Having read a lot of BOI related threads on this forum over the past few weeks I thought that the general consensus was that BOI shares shouldn't be touched with a barge pole atm, high risk of it being nationalised etc..

However, going by this pole, voters seem confident that this is not the case.

Why is this? Have I missed out on some new development that leads people to believe that BOI will not be nationalised?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Baird

I answered no as the question to me is if BOI will be nationalised fully like northern rock
    My thinking is that it wont be, however i think it will get some form of a bailout package
    but will continue as a publicly traded company. At what cost to the shareholders is
    anyones guess at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭pocketdooz

stainluss wrote: »
    I bought shares at 0.85c Would you personally buy shares at the current price? I have heard BOI isnt capitalised as good as AIB

Do you not think it would have been a good idea to find this out before investing your money in them?

LOL - this farce is just getting more laughable as we continue through it.

People investing in the equity of a dying bank with no clue as to their capitalisation.

You all belong in a bookies IMO

• Advertisement
Advertisement