Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dune 2

Options
  • 20-12-2008 2:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Trying to find an old PS1 game "Dune 2, Battle for Arrakis"live in the west of Irl.Have searched everywhere with no luck,its not on amazon,ebay etc.Getting desperate now and running out of time,Help! Please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,587 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That's because it's not a ps1 game :)

It was first released on the PC, then the Megadrive and Amiga.

Master of the Universe

I am going to hazzard a guess that it's a Christmas pressie for someone in Ireland. In which case they probably more than likely remember playing the Sega Megadrive version.

I have a copy myself but you're not getting it :p Too many good memories playing that game.

Here it is on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Dune-II-Battle-for-Arrakis-RARE-Mega-Drive-FREE-UK_W0QQitemZ260335149830QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS?hash=item260335149830&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There was a remake of dune 2 called Dune 2000 which made it to the PS1. Think you are just searching for the wrong game, try looking for dune 2000.

Master of the Universe

I bought Dune 2000 for the PC when it came out but couldnt get it to work. Ended up bringing it back to the shop. Never actually did play it in the end. Any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I had this for the PC. It was an ok game but was very hard. I think I read somewhere that the AI cheated! I didn't realize it got a ps1 realease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 maria22

Thanks to you all for your replies.The game is for my young son who just likes retro games.he asked for Dune 2 and Dune 2000 probably not realizing there more or less the same.I ordered Dune 2000 on amazon and it arrived yesterday,all it says on the cover is Dune classics,brought it to gamestop who assured me it is actually 2000 so I hope to christ he`s right.As you`ve probably guessed i know damn all about games or consoles,I wish he stuck to his original request of mario cart for nin.wii.it would have saved me alot of stress.Thanks again and happy christmas to one and all.

Can't believe I found a thread about Dune 2!!! :D

(*hastily subscribes to the Arcade & Retro forum*).

I began to play it when I was about fifteen - it had just been released.

I can honestly say it was (until I played Oblivion) the best game I ever played, so it held the title for a decade and a half!

It also inspired the Command and Conquer series.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

LoGiE wrote: »
    I had this for the PC. It was an ok game but was very hard. I think I read somewhere that the AI cheated!

That sounds about right. It was built on the old Command and Conquer engine and the AI cheated like crazy in that. I remember on a level I thought I'd be clever and fence off all the resources on the map but even without being able to get at the resources you could still see the AI's silos filling up as if it was still collecting money. The AI also went beserk when you attacked it's resource collectors.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    That sounds about right. It was built on the old Command and Conquer engine and the AI cheated like crazy in that. I remember on a level I thought I'd be clever and fence off all the resources on the map but even without being able to get at the resources you could still see the AI's silos filling up as if it was still collecting money. The AI also went beserk when you attacked it's resource collectors.

Maybe Dune 2000 was based on the C&C system, but Dune 2 definitely came before the C&C series.

• Advertisement

Sorry didn't make myself clear there. Was trying to say that the AI cheated like crazy in C&C so it more than likely did so in Dune 2000.

I know Dune 2 was out before C&C, sure it was the game that westwood based the foundations of C&C on.

Advertisement