Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wipers stopped working- suggestions for a mechanic in Galway city?

Options
  • 20-12-2008 1:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    Can anyone suggest a good, cheap mechanic in Galway city that would be able to fix my wipers on a Saturday (tomorrow).

If not, are the Nissan dealers open on a Saturday in Galway city.
    Cheers.

Edit: Do Advance Pitstop actually fix non-functioning wipers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Here's a listing of mechanics in Galway, I just done a search so don't know their opening hours. It will either be a minor job such as replacing a fuse/relay, or you will have to fork out for a wiper motor. If your wary about the garage just ask for the old parts back if they replace them. Goodluck, nothing could be worse than no wipers! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Hal1 wrote: »
    It will either be a minor job such as replacing a fuse/relay,

+1
    Check this first before any garage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Hal1 wrote: »
    Here's a listing of mechanics in Galway, I just done a search so don't know their opening hours. It will either be a minor job such as replacing a fuse/relay, or you will have to fork out for a wiper motor. If your wary about the garage just ask for the old parts back if they replace them. Goodluck, nothing could be worse than no wipers! :eek:

Thanks for the link.
    I eventually got it sorted with one of the guys in the link- Ronan Ward.

It was looking like a new linkage (?) part would be needed and the dealer's parts dept is closed on a Saturday.
    Eventually though i found that guy and he did a repair job on the part instead.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭xseanx

you should try fix it your self,

save a bit of cash:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

xseanx wrote: »
    you should try fix it your self,

save a bit of cash:)

Yeah true but i don't know a huge amount about cars tbh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement