Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Date of sale on V5C

Options
  • 19-12-2008 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Im bringing in a car from the UK and i was wondering does the car dealer put the date of sale on the V5C or would it just be on a receipt from the dealer? Does this receipt need to be brought to the VRO when paying VRT to prove date of sale?

I hope to VRT the car i import in the new year, but will the VRO penalise me if i dont take it to them the next day; If they see the date that i imported into the country and its a few weeks after import?

Would it be an idea to leave the date of sale blank on the V5C or receipt until you are driving down to the VRO and fill in that particular date then?

appreciate your comments

Comments

There is a place on the V5C which has to be signed and dated by the current keeper and the new keeper but im not sure if this is even filled out if the car is for export. In any case it makes no difference as the VRT will be paid at the rate which is applicable on the day you go to the office no matter how long you have the car in the country( once you have avoided the customs of course). There is no such thing as back dating VRT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

They don't care what date is on it. I have bought cars where the current owner hasnt' even signed it and it's the previous owners details and an old date and they don't care. I have one coming up with no dates/signatures on it at all. As long as you have the car and the form then they just process it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

+1

the sticky thread "guide to importing" has all the answers.

Advertisement