Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Collecting UK car

Options
  • 19-12-2008 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Im due to collect a car from a UK dealer for import to Ireland, What documents am i required to take from the dealer, Is it just the V5C? Anything else? What parts does he sign and what parts do i sign?

Any info from importers appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

He Keeps Part 8 and sends this piece to the DVLA in Swansea, make sure you get the rest of the V5 otherwise you will have problems registering it here when you are VRT'ing.

I'd make sure you have a receipt preferably with time and date of sale just in case you get stopped by the UK Police on the way home and there's no road tax or insurance listed on it when they check the reg. Bring some notification from your insurance company in Ireland that you are covered on the car too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    I'd make sure you have a receipt preferably with time and date of sale just in case you get stopped by the UK Police on the way home and there's no road tax or insurance listed on it when they check the reg. Bring some notification from your insurance company in Ireland that you are covered on the car too.

On the matter of road tax I made some inquiries, here is the Police response;

In reply to your query regarding taxation. If you buy a UK registered
    vehicle it cannot be driven on UK roads without a valid excise licence,
    even if it heading for export. You can either export it on a trailer or
    the garage can export it using trade plates with their driver. If you
    choose to move it without a valid excise licence then you could be
    'clocked' by ANPR cameras and would be responsible for any offence
    thereafter.

Hope that is of assistance.

Regards

Rachael Francis (Sgt)

Advertisement