Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching In Europe

Options
  • 19-12-2008 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Is the Postgrad Diploma in Education (Primary) recognised in Europe as a valid teaching qualification?
    Or does it vary from country to country.
    I will be finished my dip in May and I was hoping to work abroad as a primary teacher. Might be a long shot though. Help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

Should be.
    You don't say if you want to teach through English or if you have another language, but if it's through English try the European Council of International Schools, for a listing of primaries - www.ecis.org

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭helpmeplease

Yes sorry, I meant through English. I would be willing to learn a foreign language, but I would only be able teach through English until I can get the second language up to scratch (which would obviously be a fairly long process!).
    Thanks for the help. My main worry is that as I will just be qualified, I wouldn't meet the criteria. I'm thinking they might prefer experienced teachers.

Advertisement