Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Camera Club

Options
  • 19-12-2008 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭

Just in case there are any Sligo based photographers out there who don't know about us :), Sligo Camera Club's first meeting of the New Year will take place on Tuesday 6th January here.

Following on from a slightly disorganised last quarter, we've put together an interesting programme for 2009, which will hopefully prove interesting for newcomer and experienced photographer alike.

So for those of you who are lucky enough to get a camera from Santa, make a New Year's resolution and come along and learn how to get the most out of your new toy!:D

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Do you meet on the 1st & 3rd Tuesdays of the Month?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Shall look forward to coming along to a nite of presentations then!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭dakar

CabanSail wrote: »
    Do you meet on the 1st & 3rd Tuesdays of the Month?

Yup, if you feel like defecting from DCC and living the good life on the West coast, feel free to join us:)
    Shall look forward to coming along to a nite of presentations then!! :D

Anytime Mike, what will you be giving us a presentation on then?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

id go but id be a bit to embarresed to do so, my photography skills poor to say the least, i think ill get in abit more practice and go when i feel i got some decent shots and well a better camera

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭dakar

gino85 wrote: »
    id go but id be a bit to embarresed to do so, my photography skills poor to say the least, i think ill get in abit more practice and go when i feel i got some decent shots and well a better camera

We don't bite, I promise!

It doesn't matter what camera you have (said the confirmed gear addict:o), we have members using everything from Point and Shoots, through Bridge cameras and entry level DSLRs up to pro stuff. There's more to photography than what camera you have, and plenty of tips and tricks get thrown around that are useful no matter what you're shooting with. We try to have a friendly relaxed ethos and the atmosphere in the club is very supportive.

Why not come along to our meeting/mini outing on 6th January and see for yourself? PM me if you want any more info.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

We keep getting emails at DCC asking what level you have to be at before joining the club. I don't know why people think that you need anything more than a willingness to learn.

Membership in a camera club can be the best investment you make in photography.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

dakar wrote: »
    Anytime Mike, what will you be giving us a presentation on then?:D

Ohhhh, couldn't tell as it will ruin the surprise!! :o;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

gino85 wrote: »
    Surely thats the reason to go?

Advertisement