Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first post.

Options
  • 19-12-2008 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭

wahey, new forum...

Is the discussion of the British and other Armed forces going to be allowed in this forum, or is it just Irish?

I don't feel there is much use in it if it is Just Irish.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

wahey, new forum...

Is the discussion of the British and other Armed forces going to be allowed in this forum, or is it just Irish?

I don't feel there is much use in it if it is Just Irish.

2nd post - why limit it to any nationality/conflict at all ? It should be open ended in terms of location/nationality or history my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I am just trying to understand if it is allowed as discussion of other Armed forces is somewhat limited in the Parent Category of this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

The politics of why Irishmen/women join foreign armies is fine but NO recruitment.
    Recruitment in the PDF/RDF is fair game and that is very political at the moment so it's ideally suited to this forum.

Topics might include budgets, procurement, disputed territories like Gaza or Newry ;), terrorism, subversives, military dictatorships, military coups etc. I'm sure there are many more.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Thanks for clearing that up Hagar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Hagar wrote: »
    disputed territories like Gaza or Newry ;),

Give Gaza back to the Egyptians, damn Palestinans want everything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I have it on good authority, that Newry was invaded by the South this weekend, it was like a swarm of locusts by all accounts :D

Advertisement