Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total novice: Canon 400d or 1000d?

Options
  • 18-12-2008 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭

Which one would you get? They look fairly similar in spec- does the 1000d replace the 400d?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The 400 was in many senses replaced by two cameras: the 1000D as the new entry level and the 450D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

And the Wicklow vote goes to?????..... :D

Well, the 450D is my first foray into the world of dSLR's...

There's little enough in the difference price wise and the 450 has quite a few nice extra features (Live View, 2 extra focus points was what did it for me). If you can afford the difference, go with the 450, if you can't, the 1000D is still a very good camera to learn with and can take fantastic photos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Thanks for the reply! Am petitioning my friend in NI to get it there- its about €499 cheapest here with kit lens and only £292 in Norn Iron! :eek:

Definitely go north or order on-line from UK, the 450D can be had for about €500 with an 18-55 IS (image stabilisation) kit lens (think it could be the same one as the 1000D) on-line or up north, retails over 700 here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

and the 450D has a 3" screen which is so much better than the 2.5 of the 400D and 1000D.
    Also slightly faster fps.

Advertisement