Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car valeting service

Options
  • 18-12-2008 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations on a valeting service in Carlow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

if you can get Noel in Sheehy motors to do it for you, you will not be disappointed with your car, he's the best around. not sure if he'll do it for the general public or not. worth a call though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Yeah my da gets it done in there and it is a top job, just not sure if non Sheehy Motors customers can get it though. Any thoughts on the guy at Munnellys?

I'm a non sheehy motor customer, but my mate works there so thats how i get it done. don't know that one tbh, theres a fella out the comer road, supposed to be good aswell. think he's near bobby jacobs there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

There's crystal clean in Superquinn car park.

I'd recommend the 26 euro express one.
    Anything else is a rip off I'm afraid..

ClioV6 wrote: »
    There's crystal clean in Superquinn car park.

I'd recommend the 26 euro express one.
    Anything else is a rip off I'm afraid..

What do you get for 26 euro? Is it just hoovered and washed outside? That seems very cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,752 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Proin Mac an Tuile?

Trilla wrote: »
    Proin Mac an Tuile?

Too expensive

What do you get for 26 euro? Is it just hoovered and washed outside? That seems very cheap.

washed outside, hoovered and polished inside.

Don't think the windows are touched though, on the inside anyway.

i just got thje volvo done with car shine on the o'brien road.

they did an absolute brilliant job, with the car that was manky .

and for 99 an offer they have on now, it's all good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Jim K

Any recommendations on a valeting service in Carlow?

I have heard on the grapevine that Meridian Motors in Sleaty road ( On the road at the entrance to The Dome) do a very good valeting service. I am not sure of the pricing structure.

• Advertisement

patrickc wrote: »
    i just got thje volvo done with car shine on the o'brien road.

they did an absolute brilliant job, with the car that was manky .

and for 99 an offer they have on now, it's all good

Saw their operations one day and thought it was just a bunch of young lads tbh but I will consider them nto.

Saw their operations one day and thought it was just a bunch of young lads tbh but I will consider them nto.

it's 2 fellas used to do it in dublin mobile valeting, they told me ,decent lads they seem to be, and do a great job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 blablabla32

Hi all users

I just wanted to warn everybody who wants to have a full valet done in the quick shine on O'Brien's road. This place is a joke. I gave them a lovely car with leather cream interior. The fact is- it was bad, i bought it of someone who obviously neglected the car big time. The Leather was really dirty. I collected the car with the same dirt on the leather interior, not even hoovered- in the compartments on the door there was paper rubbish, pets' hair all over the interior, total joke. Myself and my hubbie cleaned it afterwards and had about 4 buckets of dirty water. But the car is shiny now! so- the job could have been done, if we did it with soap and water only and kitchen cloth! It took us 2 hours, but the car interior is nearly perfect. We are going to him next week to show him the difference! Guys- do not go there. You are better off doing the job yourselves! Or find a different place guys!

that place has changed owners recently, i miss the two lads from car shine they were great, was wondering what the new lads were like alright, good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Hi all users

I just wanted to warn everybody who wants to have a full valet done in the quick shine on O'Brien's road. This place is a joke. I gave them a lovely car with leather cream interior. The fact is- it was bad, i bought it of someone who obviously neglected the car big time. The Leather was really dirty. I collected the car with the same dirt on the leather interior, not even hoovered- in the compartments on the door there was paper rubbish, pets' hair all over the interior, total joke. Myself and my hubbie cleaned it afterwards and had about 4 buckets of dirty water. But the car is shiny now! so- the job could have been done, if we did it with soap and water only and kitchen cloth! It took us 2 hours, but the car interior is nearly perfect. We are going to him next week to show him the difference! Guys- do not go there. You are better off doing the job yourselves! Or find a different place guys!

If the job was that bad you should have noticed it straight away, so did you complain to them on the spot when you collected the car and what was their response? It's not fair to post a bad report about a business without also telling us how they dealt with your complaint.

lol, yeah..those quikshine guys gave my friend back his car saying "don't mind the dirt on the floor there that's from where I was getting in and out"

pack of chancers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 blablabla32

to be honest- my hubbie collected it and I suppose did not pay too much attention, had a quick look, paid, off he went. Only in the dive way when he parked and started looking properly. So, we will see this week once he goes to complain and show them the difference once we had it cleaned.
    So I can tell you this week about their reaction. No matter what it is going to be- I personally will never go back to them.
    slimjimmc wrote: »
    If the job was that bad you should have noticed it straight away, so did you complain to them on the spot when you collected the car and what was their response? It's not fair to post a bad report about a business without also telling us how they dealt with your complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Hi all users

to be honest- my hubbie collected it and I suppose did not pay too much attention, had a quick look, paid, off he went. Only in the dive way when he parked and started looking properly. So, we will see this week once he goes to complain and show them the difference once we had it cleaned.
    So I can tell you this week about their reaction. No matter what it is going to be- I personally will never go back to them.
    So your husband didn't notice the car had not been cleaned at all even though he was sitting in it and driving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

I have to say. Imho if you have a car that really needs cleaning its got to be Pat in munnellys on the Kk road. Even removes the seats when needs be. There is cheaper guys if you just need a freshin up. I think he is 70 inside an 120 for a complete valet. But as with everything you get what you say for

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Guys
    what is your problem? stop asking me why he didn't notice how bad the hob was on site there. This is not the point, and this is not the idea of the original thread.
    Get the clear point- that place is not worth any of your money. That is all and thanks for all replies.

The point is you can't come on here and bad mouth businesses without something to show that you are telling the truth. Boards.ie can be held liable. I, along with the other users, am very sceptical about your post. Sounds more like you're involved in another valeting company and are trying to bad mouth the opposition. I don't believe that your husband collected the car and didn't notice that there was such a poor job done and I don't believe that you cleaned the car yourselves and are now going back to show them what a great job ye did. Surely if the valet was that bad, you'd take the car back and have it done properly.
    I'm tempted to remove your posts but I'll leave it alone for now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

if you want a proper valet job done on your car its best do it yourself most people you pay to clean it wil only do a half arsed job- unless it was their own.
    I got Valet Ireland before & the guy spent about 45mins at it when he wanted payment i went out & inspected his work it was just the same as when he started dog hairs everywher seats were still wet from the valet with a smell of washing powder that was about the size of it, so we ended up cleanin d car again i guess when i gave him a helping hand he was more motivated anyway that extra 20 mins elbow grease made all the difference :)

ShayK1 wrote: »
    The point is you can't come on here and bad mouth businesses without something to show that you are telling the truth. Boards.ie can be held liable. I, along with the other users, am very sceptical about your post. Sounds more like you're involved in another valeting company and are trying to bad mouth the opposition. I don't believe that your husband collected the car and didn't notice that there was such a poor job done and I don't believe that you cleaned the car yourselves and are now going back to show them what a great job ye did. Surely if the valet was that bad, you'd take the car back and have it done properly.
    I'm tempted to remove your posts but I'll leave it alone for now.

lol, ya should try taking that attitude to the fast food thread there..
    double standards much?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

SV wrote: »
    lol, ya should try taking that attitude to the fast food thread there..
    double standards much?

I think I know the post/poster you are referring to and I did check that out.
    Now, you know this is not the place for raising your concerns. Please don't be a repeat offender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

<banned for a week>

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Davidian_ie

If you are prepared to travel outside town,Ken O Regan in Killeshin is very good and reasonable to negotiate with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 carlowbhoy

I have used the car wash on the o'brien road and have only good things to say about them. The owner used to run the car wash on the portlaiose road and has always done a good job on my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

Papo tighe that runs the valeting business at munelleys garage on the kilkenny road is top notch. I have used him many times and never have any complaints. Hes extremely thorough and anybody else I know that uses him have never been unhappy with the job hes done

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

wow things must be quiet for ya's at the moment??? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 id2010

Sorry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Hi guys

Quite an old thread to be dug up so am going to lock it up.

Thx
    Tommy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement