Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

formmail wont work

Options
  • 18-12-2008 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all,

I am having great difficulty getting a formmail contact page working with letshost.ie,
    the coding in the form looks like this:

<FORM ACTION="http://www.companyname.ie/cgi-bin/FormMail.pl" METHOD="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">
    <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="recipient" VALUE="[EMAIL="info@company name.ie"]info@company name.ie[/EMAIL]">
    <!--INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="recipient" VALUE="info@companyname.ie"-->
    <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="subject" VALUE="Form Enquiry">
    <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="redirect" VALUE="http://www.companyname.ie/thanks.html"></FORM>

i downloaded formmail
    Copyright 1995-2002 Matt Wright mattw@scriptarchive.com

and the only change i made was on the following line:
    @referers = ('scriptarchive.com',companyname.ie',);

The form wont work and the email that needs to recieve the mail is not the same as the website ie. instead of being info@companyname.ie it is companyname@eircom.net. i believe this can be problamatic.

any help would be great as i dont have much hair left..

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

What errors do you get?

If the eircom.net bit is a problem, in the hosting control panel you could set info@companyname.ie to forward it to the eircom.net account.

I suggest using the more powerful TecTite FormMail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rourke11

thanks for the reply, i got it workin in the end, i redirected the mail on the cpanel, thanks again

Advertisement