Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

mercedes c class.

Options
  • 18-12-2008 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

I have a friend who recently bought a 2nd hand version of the above on a 02 plate (imported from the uk), someone has advised them that this type of car will not run on supermarket fuel (ie cheap) and that should only use the higher grades of fuel. The car is a petrol model.

Can someone please tell me if there is any truth in this, as i think it is a load of old s**t ??!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

that's a load of twaddle. it's probably only a 180 kompressor or something, you'd swear it was a lambo!

As far as I know the supermarket fuel (Tesco) we get here is Statoil supplied anyway and the same as regular petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

colm_mcm wrote: »
    that's a load of twaddle. it's probably only a 180 kompressor or something, you'd swear it was a lambo!

As far as I know the supermarket fuel (Tesco) we get here is Statoil supplied anyway and the same as regular petrol.

I wouldn't fill my car at certain places, Tesco being one after a few tanks from the one in Clonmel. Topaz or Maxol, Applegreen or Texaco for me. RON 95 (normal unleaded) should be fine though.

Advertisement