Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA Visa and Proving Financial Security...

Options
  • 18-12-2008 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

I'm going to the embassy next week (appointment) hopefully to secure my F-1 Student visa for studying in the States for 18 months.

On the website it says you have to show a bank statement to show you have enough money for the duration of your stay OR convincing documents to show how those expenses will be met by somebody else...

I have a letter from the bank saying that I have sufficient funds available to me ie a loan, signed on headed paper by my local branch, etc...would this be sufficient? I havn't got any documents for the loan yet...just approval

(I'd call them up but they close at 6.30 and charge €2.40 a minute!!!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

In my experience its one of the most important factors so I would have all bases covered. I would imagine having the money in your account would be better than the letter saying you are approved. If your parents are helping you out you may also have a letter from their employer stating their full time employment and salary, with that you would need a statement from your parent saying they intend to support you. Even if you don't intend to take any cash from them it may be of some help to convince the embassy you will be supported.
    best of luck in the interview

Advertisement