If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung LE40A656

Options
  • 18-12-2008 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hello John and Richersounds team,
    I am looking for at least two of Samsung LE40A656 TVs, one for my friend. Can you please tell me if we can buy them online? We don't mind coming to Belfast to buy them in your store but I would appreciate if you could deliver them to Dublin.

Thank you. Looking forward to your reply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Johannyogibear

Hi, I am looking also to buy the Samsung LE40E656, I can see its available on the .com site, but cant see it on .ie, do use stock the item and are there any in stock at the moment? Also I'm located in Dublin so is delivery an option, although I could drive up. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16 thorfield

I am also interested in this TV Model. There is a market out there for shipping to dublin once a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Lads, i'm looking for the this tv too(Seeing as i'd be waiting about a month for a sony 40w4000:(). I think, though if ye want them shipped down south, you have to go for the 40a686. instead of the 40a656. Belfast probably have no stock of the 656 anyway. The 686 series replaced the 656 series a couple of months ago. The 686 is the same technically as the 656, just cosmetic differences. It looks nicer really. Unfortunately at the moment the 40a686 is 50£ more than the 656, at 750£.

I think the 656 is still on the .com website because some of the stores in the UK still have stock of it but the vast majority have the 686 at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Lads, i'm looking for the this tv too(Seeing as i'd be waiting about a month for a sony 40w4000:(). I think, though if ye want them shipped down south, you have to go for the 40a686. instead of the 40a656. Belfast probably have no stock of the 656 anyway. The 686 series replaced the 656 series a couple of months ago. The 686 is the same technically as the 656, just cosmetic differences. It looks nicer really. Unfortunately at the moment the 40a686 is 50£ more than the 656, at 750£.

I think the 656 is still on the .com website because some of the stores in the UK still have stock of it but the vast majority have the 686 at this stage.

Zonda - why have you to go for the 40A686 instead of the 40A656?? They sell the 40A656 in the likes of Currys and Harvey Normans down here sell the 656? Whats the difference between the two?? I'm interested in getting this telly in the next couple of months

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Any update on the 40A686 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

i got the 40A686 from john and the lads just before christmas and its a cracking little telly...

the only differences i found from googling about were the square stand (instead of the rounded stand on the A686) and the thinner frame around the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

dlambirl wrote: »
    Zonda - why have you to go for the 40A686 instead of the 40A656?? They sell the 40A656 in the likes of Currys and Harvey Normans down here sell the 656? Whats the difference between the two?? I'm interested in getting this telly in the next couple of months

Afaik, the 656 has gone out of production and has been replaced by the 686, t he differences are all cosmetic, technically, they are identical. I'm guessing the shops down here have older stock

• Registered Users Posts: 16 thorfield

Hi there.

I was talking to John yesterday by email, very helpful :-). The state of play is that the 686's are back ordered. If you want one (or two), you need to email him with what you want and contact details and he will add you to the list and contact you when they come in and you buy then if you wish to continue etc. He has no firm dates, but says he is hoping to have some in 2 weeks.

hope this helps.

BTW - I saw both 656 and 686 in PowerCity and confirm the display is slightly different - for the better if that can be said for Samsung.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭remoteboy

thorfield wrote: »
    TW - I saw both 656 and 686 in PowerCity and confirm the display is slightly different - for the better if that can be said for Samsung.

Different as in the 686 has a better picture or just different in terms of styling?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

remoteboy wrote: »
    Different as in the 686 has a better picture or just different in terms of styling?

styling... technically they are identical as previously mentioned

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.