Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I had to laugh.

Options
  • 18-12-2008 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭

Coming out of Superquinn Lucan yesterday, in the rain, there was a cop on a bicycle coming down the middle of the two lanes. Took me a second to figure out what he was up to but he was staying right next to a guy in an Audi, only stopping staring in the window at him for the odd glance at where he was going. All the while the Audi driver, completely oblivious, happily chatting away with his mobile up to his ear.

I would have loved to follow them in, to see the look on the driver's face when he saw the Garda, and to hear the rollicking he was going to get.

Schadenfreude? Guilty as charged :D

People just don't seem to have got the message about the phones, do they? I was just surprised it wasn't a wimmin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

milltown wrote: »
    Coming out of Superquinn Lucan yesterday, in the rain, there was a cop on a bicycle coming down the middle of the two lanes. Took me a second to figure out what he was up to but he was staying right next to a guy in an Audi, only stopping staring in the window at him for the odd glance at where he was going. All the while the Audi driver, completely oblivious, happily chatting away with his mobile up to his ear.

I would have loved to follow them in, to see the look on the driver's face when he saw the Garda, and to hear the rollicking he was going to get.

Schadenfreude? Guilty as charged :D

People just don't seem to have got the message about the phones, do they? I was just surprised it wasn't a wimmin.

nah the woman would have noticed the garda in her rearview as she was applying her makeup.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Brabus

Still see it all the time, just happy to pay the fine.:rolleyes:
    I presume it comes with penalty points too.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Always amazes me that people with cars worth upwards of 50k don't have 300 for a handsfree kit.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

...or even €30 for a cheap simple bluetooth kit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

These are great, they clip onto your visor and give off a blue flash which is ulliminated more so by the angle of the windscreen. Noticed a few moving out of my way. :D Think I paid €25 or so for it from one of the gadget shops. The only downside to them is they charge via usb and it lasts maybe 8 hours.

miniUFO_Bluetooth_handsfree_3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Always amazes me that people with cars worth upwards of 50k don't have 300 for a handsfree kit.
    I saw an R8 driving through Donnybrook yesterday and the driver with his phone stuck to his ear! I would have thought the R8 had bluetooth!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

kbannon wrote: »
    I saw an R8 driving through Donnybrook yesterday and the driver with his phone stuck to his ear! I would have thought the R8 had bluetooth!

Personal call with a passenger beside him, by any chance?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Personal call with a passenger beside him, by any chance?
    He was the only person visible in the car!
    It was a really stupid thing to do - not just for safety reasons but also because its a car that will stand our a mile!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Hal1 wrote: »
    These are great, they clip onto your visor and give off a blue flash which is ulliminated more so by the angle of the windscreen. Noticed a few moving out of my way. :D Think I paid €25 or so for it from one of the gadget shops. The only downside to them is they charge via usb and it lasts maybe 8 hours.

My one of those stopped charging entirely and I couldn't find the receipt, worked great until that point. Came with a USB charger for the car... but wouldn't run when plugged in to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I forgot about the car charger, I still have it somewhere here. I seen those for in car usb chargers on sale for €12. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I have two mobiles, so I have issues :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I have two mobiles, so I have issues :(

one headset, one integrated;)

Advertisement