Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

yesterday car driving on wrong side of roundabout

Options
  • 18-12-2008 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Just cant get over this woman yesterday. I was driving and coming up to a small roundabout taking the first Exit, was just about to come up to it when i see this car coming up to the the roundabout and instead of going around it and taking the 3rd exit (the exit i was on), she decides to skip it altogether and drives straight across and into my lane.

It was very close and only for i braked very hard it would have been quiet a smash as she was going quiet fast.

That probably does not make sense. I just dont get why would she do this, do you think it is pure laziness or pure ignorance.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Ignorance, she probably assumes that is the correct way to take it...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Clearly whatever appointment she was late for was more important than the rules of the road ...I mean, how could you possibly NOT understand that?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ITMissy

the thing is, i would say she was going to the creche as there is not a lot of other places she could be going, considering the route she was taking.

So she has a child and drives around like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭laura1408

happened to my uncle, he was on a motorbike, the old lady that done it was putting on makeup, fortunatly for him it was right next to a hospital, unfortunatly the doctor that treated him was the husband of the lady with the lipstick!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭JackFrosty

Dont start me on women drivers, wrong lanes and putting on make up!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

see it up here in donegal quite a bit (not for a couple of years ) reduced a bit since the by passes were built before that there werent anty rounabouts for miles in every direction
    mind you saw a tourist driving the wrong way round the diamond in doanegal town think he just assumed 2 way traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

Did you get a Make, Model Reg No?

Did you report it?

Its people like her that continue doing things like that completely oblivious to other people and whats going on around them. They will continue to drive dangerously until the eventually cause accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ITMissy

I did report her.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I have seen twice on the Limerick dual carraigeway bypass two cars speeding along the wrong side of the carriageway and reported them.

I was sitting listening to the Garda radio band the other day and heard somebody else driving on the same stretch on the wrong side of the road.

Minutes later the radio crackled again saying the women had pulled into the median on the wrong side of the carraigeway at the overtaking lane side crying into her hands.

Silly silly person. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

There's something about roundabouts -- A year or so ago on a large roundabout on the inner ring road in Waterford. Busy time of day with a lot of traffic taking it in two lanes. An old feller (male indeed!) elected to go round anticlockwise, I assume for the hell of it. He managed to create the snarl up of the century without, surprisingly, hitting anything or being hit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bostoncommon

Was in Pc World car park in Navan yesterday. Laughed for an hour looking at people going around/driving over/ driving the wrong way around the roundabout. I put my phone on video I will let you know when its up on youtube. They dont have a clue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Pshan

ITMissy wrote: »
    It was very close and only for i braked very hard it would have been quiet a smash as she was going quiet fast.

Why had you to break so hard if you were approching a roundabout surely you had already slowed down?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

People are like sheep. If the two people in front of them do the wrong thing they will also do it.

I was driving along today with a bus lane to my left and to the end of it we must merge back into the left lane. One guy got into the bus lane early and so did around 10 vehicles behind him. Following the ROTR I continued until the bus lane ended and then proceeded to rejoin the left lane. I was not surprised but people actually thought I was jumping the queue and one guy tried to block me rejoining. (you know the way, kept jumping clutch and accelerator trying to hug the bumper in front of him).

Old people and roundabouts. Ah, there is no explanation. :rolleyes:

I came up to a roundabout before and the old guy in front decided to go round anti clockwise. I raced around the roundabout clockwise and was flashing the oncoming traffic. Needless to say people ignored me(but of course) and in the rear view mirrors I could see brakes lights light up all over the place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alUDJgolehU

1.40-2.29 and 4.10

Welcome to Navan!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

1.40-2.29 and 4.10

Welcome to Navan!

Did you make that? I can't watch that as my neck don't do 90° angles very well. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Haha if you put it to 1.40 and just watch the Micra appear on screen you know what's going to happen haha. I think i nearly cried a little laughin at it. F3cking Micra;s:rolleyes:

Hal1 wrote: »
    Did you make that? I can't watch that as my neck don't do 90° angles very well. :p

Lucky for me i've a laptop:pac:

Sorry, It was the only way I could get the phone to line up. I saw some serious stuff before that. Imagine that was only 5 minutes of video!

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

1.40-2.29 and 4.10

Welcome to Navan!

Heehee: to boldly go where no Micra has gone before...

Hint: if you're using XP, holding Alt-Gr and pressing the arrow keys will rotate the screen for you.... ;)

It BeeMee wrote: »
    Hint: if you're using XP, holding Alt-Gr and pressing the arrow keys will rotate the screen for you.... ;)

Lies, lol, well it doesn't work for moi anyway:( And i was hovvering over the thanks button and all:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,082 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

1.40-2.29 and 4.10

Welcome to Navan!

0:47 - Just fog lights and no driving/beams....classy.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

Lies, lol, well it doesn't work for moi anyway:( And i was hovvering over the thanks button and all:rolleyes:

Oooops :o
    Maybe it doesn't work on laptops?
    Try Ctrl+Alt+<arrow key>

Oooops :o
    Maybe it doesn't work on laptops?
    Try Ctrl+Alt+<arrow key>

No joy, Monsieur

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Thats a shortcode for your graphics drivers (probably Intel), NOT Windows. Only works on specific graphics cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Heehee: to boldly go where no Micra has gone before...

It Don't work! sounds like a laptop shortcut key tbh :\

It Don't work! sounds like a laptop shortcut key tbh :\

Doesn't work on the laptop. Lads to save confusion, just turn your head :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Pity we can't see the whole roundabout layout.

Because the way it looks from the vid it seems to have an absolutely stupid, nonsensical layout and as it looks from there I tell you I'd be driving straight through it (the wrong way) as well if there was no other car around.

The Micra entered the carpark by turning right off the main road and drove down the hill on the side for exiting the carpark.. Classic thats when I got the Phone out.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I met a guy coming up the down ramp on the third floor of a multistory car park in Limerick. Not sure did he fancy a new route from 2 to 3, or did he manage to get the whole way up like that. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Thought it was one of those "pwnd" videos @2.22mins where both cars get wiped out by the artic...

Advertisement