Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does anyone else find this sick

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'm not going to click on that link if, as I suppose, it contains something about cruelty to animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Read the article a bit more closely. He didn't die because of the nicotine in the cigarettes, he died by being run over by a car on his way to the cigarette shop, hence the rather misleading headline (it is The Sun after all!). He did grow to be 24 years old as well, which is good going for any dog, nicotine addicted or not.

Still a bit stupid of the owner I admit, but not enough to upset me as much as it does you apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

spurious wrote: »
    I'm not going to click on that link if, as I suppose, it contains something about cruelty to animals.

Its not as bad as you might think. Granted the owner should have been more responsible but the dog lived to a grant old age in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

?? So the dog walks into the shop and asks for 20 fags to which the shop owner hands over. Dog gives the shop owner money and heads home to have a chew?? I want a dog like that! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Did you hear the story this morning about 2 horses having their legs chopped off and left to die in a field? Happened in Waterford City.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

lisa708881 wrote: »
    :mad:
    i am so upset right now.this poor beautiful pup......how can people do this
    www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2051314.ece

Did you even read this before posting the link?

Some Pup at 24 years old!!

It's the Sun. Enough said.

Maybe you'd be better off worrying about real cruelty.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

OMG, OMG, OMG :mad::mad::mad:

Where's the online petition?

I want to sign it now !

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 DogNuts

This sort of so called "humour" should not be tolerated - I wonder how many Sun Readers have given their dog a cigarette today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

There's been posters ranting and raving on this forum about dogs being given pigs ears to chew on. But when a dog is given 10 cigarettes a day they think it's funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I think it's mostly people think it's silly to start a thread calling something disgusting and getting the facts completly and utterly wrong, when there are cases of real cruelty out there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

There's been posters ranting and raving on this forum about dogs being given pigs ears to chew on. But when a dog is given 10 cigarettes a day they think it's funny.

The story is made up. A 24 year old puppy that got hit by a car on it's way to buy cigarettes. It's the Sun having a go at being the Onion or the Daily Mash.

Advertisement