Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Whats it worth?

Options
  • 18-12-2008 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭

Hi I recently acquired a 06 Ford Mondeo 115bhp diesel lx with only 6500 miles on the clock. This car has not got a mark on the inside our outside, and is in excellent condition.

My question is how much should I be looking for it if I decided to sell, any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Anyone? Please

• Registered Users Posts: 51,146 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

In the current market I would say around €9,500 to €10k but that is only a guess to be honest. It's hard to estimate what anything is worth at the moment due to the instability of the second hand market.

Is there any service history, receipts, etc to back up that low mileage otherwise people will think it is clocked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

The book value of a 4door is mental - €16000 or so. 5 door worth maybe €500 more.

If you are trading it against something i'd expect €7000-8000. If you were to sell it privately i'd say €10000-11000 isnt too far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

It was a car that was used as a demo up the north in a ford dealership, I had it checked out fully before hand and everything was fine.

The car was never serviced as it was basically a demo with genuine mileage. I have checked out autotrader and there are similar models with higher milage going for as much as 15k?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭NewApproach

wingnut32 wrote: »
    I have checked out autotrader and there are similar models with higher milage going for as much as 15k?

No, they are advertised for €15k. The reason they are still advertised there is because the price is too high.

The price they are shifting at is generally at the bottom end of the scale of prices on these sites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,146 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The lack of maintenance on the car would concern me. No service on a car almost 3 years old, irrespective of how low the mileage is not good imo. Even an oil change should have been done by now and stamped on the service history.

Has a mechanic physically inspected the car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Sould have had three services at this stage. One year or 20000kms is the service interval.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

Sould have had three services at this stage. One year or 20000kms is the service interval.

3 services on a car with 6500 on clock??? car was ex demo and prob used for customers during servicing rst of time its been lying idle. would not worry about the service history,
    if she aint blowing blue out the back shes allright in my book!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

pipsqueak wrote: »
    if she aint blowing blue out the back shes allright in my book!

Low standards so:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

Low standards so:pac::pac:
    hence my large gear stick!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement