Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEO / Web Marketing

Options
  • 18-12-2008 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

I am in the process of developing a new website for a business I am starting. I am fine with all the web dev but I am seriously lacking knowledge on the SEO side of things apart from a few basic tricks like putting titles on your links, adding meta tags etc

What is the site of submitting your site to search engines ?

What is the best method of web advertising? Are google ads worthwhile?

If you went with google ads for a while would that improve your over all google search engine rating longterm by making your site known to them?

What sort of money would you need to invest to see a pay off.

Thanks,
    Sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

There's now a dedicated forum for Internet marketing and SEO :)
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=985

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 User51_1-IRE

Sean,

Google ads are worth it to get footfall to your website. It can be your primary route to market or your last one - depending on the nature of your product etc (do people buy horses online - no, so google adwords probably isnt going to be of much use)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 caminowebmaster

read, read, and read seo.

good places seobook.com
    irishwebmastersforum
    my blog - it is what i do
    many seo blogs

ask specfic questions and list your url so people can tell you some stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

you could try this for a start:)

http://www.fluffylinkulator.com/

Advertisement