Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

'02 Renault Laguna

Options
  • 18-12-2008 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭

I've just been offered one of these Gratis, since the owner is getting a new car, and really doesn't want the bother of selling the thing with the used car climate the way it is.

At least that's what he says.

Anyway, it's a 1.8 Petrol, Automatic, with about 40-odd thousand miles under it.

I know the car well enough to know that while it goes and stops fine, there's a vibration coming from somewhere in the driveline. It's either a wheel out of balance, or a bearing gone. Otherwise, it's never missed a beat. If that's too expensive to fix, it might be worth just getting rid of it, especially if that's an NCT failure.

I suppose one should never look gift horsepower in the mouth.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

If it's free, maybe it's worth chancing. Otherwise I'd be quoting 2 Unlimited "No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no no no" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Well if you're getting it for free! Probably a wheel out of balance...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭Dartz

Looks like I'll accept it then. Here's hoping it'll last a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Dartz wrote: »
    How gracious of you..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Take it and have somebody mechanically minded take a look at it. It could be something as simple as a damaged tyre or rim. Worst case you will end up back in the position you are at now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭Dartz

Anan1 wrote: »
    How gracious of you..

Well if I end up having to scrap an unroadworthy and unsaleable car, it'll be very gracious of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The only thing wrong with Laguna is nobody wants them. Other than that they are a good and well spec'd car.

Fix it and keep it or Give it to somebody who needs a car badly.

One good turns deserve another and it is Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

I am about to start a thread on 04 deisel laguna's, but thought I would leave comment here first since I read this. Have Known 3 people who had 01 petrol lagunas and all 3 had major and costly electrical problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Dartz wrote: »

I'll gladly take it if you don't want it:P

Advertisement