Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help - cf card!!! do i really need one?

Options
  • 18-12-2008 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

hi folks. we bought our father a canon 400d for christmas and i have received it. the problem is i didnt realise you need a cf card for memory and not a standard san disk card. i have ordered the cf card but i wont receive it before christmas and im not heading to argos or anywhere in ireland to pay extortianist prices for something i got far cheaper on the interent. my question is, is there enough memory or if any on the camera that will allow him to take pictures on christmas day or will we have to wait until the cf card arrives?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

'fraid you won't be able to save any pictures as there's no internal memory.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

You can take photos without any memory card, however, the images are not saved.

You NEED a memory card to save any images on.

No card - no point. Splash out and buy a small CF card somewhere, just so you have one for Christmas day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

You can get CF cards for next to nothing these days.
    A 2GB card would easily cater for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

damn, ok thanks folks. any ideas where i can get a small one for xmas day? i bought a kingfiher 4gb one from ebay for €20. its a pity it wont be here. any ideas where i could be a small one for the day thats in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

memoryc.com (based in Celbridge) are good value, and if you order it right now you may get it tomorrow if you're lucky, if not then certainly on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Alun wrote: »
    memoryc.com (based in Celbridge) are good value, and if you order it right now you may get it tomorrow if you're lucky, if not then certainly on Monday.
    So close to xmas it's really not a good idea to rely on the post man to bring you what you NEED.

Just go to a few different stores and buy the cheapest, yeah you'll probably pay over the odds but seriously, it's xmas and your fathers gift is useless without a CF card.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

€15 in Peats seems okay...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Click Clicky

Alun wrote: »
    That's not bad at all. I've never heard of the 'Transcend' brand before though. Has anyone used one? I've yet to stray from Sandisk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

i have a Transcend among the many cards i have they're grand!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Click Clicky

Sweet. Just ordered an 8GB one, we'll give it a whirl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭dakar

I picked one up a while ago and no problems here. Had been a confirmed Sandisk junkie before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,680 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Dades wrote: »
    €15 in Peats seems okay...
    lawks almighty :-) way back in 2000, I paid a little over 300 euros for a 1 GB CF card.

I was in australia a couple of months later, they were just starting to roll out those self service kiosks. That 1 GB card used to routinely crash them when they tried to scan it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

My first digital camera, Fuji Finepix 1300, came with a massive 8MB smart media card!

Advertisement