Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Studio Photographer for 1 on 1 course

Options
  • 18-12-2008 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

Im looking for a studio photgrapher to come to sisters business and do a 1 on 1 workshops where you can come in and show 1 of us how to use the Nixon D40 properly to get better shots, work on some posing techniques and also show us the best lighting conditions to setup giving the small area 6 x 9 foot, its in the midlands so obviously travelling expenses would be needed. I was thinking maybe just doing a half day to concentrate on this and then let things sink in and use the techinques and maybe arrange another one in the future where we can get more into detail but i think considering we only need to concentrate on the studio and baby and kid potraits specifically that a half day or possibly full day session should be enough but im open to suggestions

Basically we use photoshop to remove the subject and i have about 2,500 backgrounds to choose to put them in, giving the small space this is the best option but customers have been happy with it so far but im not happy with the lighting, poses and clarity of some of the shots. This is just an addition to our business and obviously were not experienced and the conditions arent ideal but we'd really like to make it the best we can giving the circimstances.

So if you can let me know first if this is a service you offer and a rough price range by PM and i can call you to discuss it further if you provide me with a number, also if we do 2 people on the workshop how does that effect the price and if i didnt make it clear it will need to be done in our studio?

Contact me via PM to discuss

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭digitalbeginner

Have a look at our Studio Photography Taster Course here: http://www.iop.ie/courses/studio_halfday.htm It sounds like this half day course covers all you mentioned below. If so I don't think there'd be a need for a second session. This is fully documented so you don't have to rely on memory or scribbled notes later to remember what you learned,

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dvdfan

That sounds great and looks exactly what i need, i presume the lighting scenarios can be applied to a smaller space i.e 9 x 6 in our case as id imagine the scenarios you would be using would be much bigger.

The only problem is the next course is March and thats way too long, i was hoping for something either before or shortly after christmas. Do you offer 1 on 1 sessions or sessions for just 2 people that could be done sooner than that? I know that there would be an extra fee becuase classes are usually 6 people but i dont mind paying the extra in this case if i could get it sooner?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭digitalbeginner

My studio is only 10ft x 15ft so the techniques will apply quite well to your space.

The one-on-one sessions are not a problem. I live in Lucan so a trip into the midlands isn't an issue. I'm away for most of Christmas and January but I'm back in Ireland for a few days from the 5th to the 8th of January. I could fit you in then,

Dave

Advertisement