Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ND Graduated filter

Options
  • 18-12-2008 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I ordered a graduated filter fro 7dayshop and it arrived there; I'd half expected half the filter to be clear and half the filter to be grey going from light to dark but on a clearly defined line?

The line between grey and clear is pretty uneven (accross the diameter), I'm just wonderinging is that usual?

Oisin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Nisio wrote: »
    Hey,

I ordered a graduated filter fro 7dayshop and it arrived there; I'd half expected half the filter to be clear and half the filter to be grey going from light to dark but on a clearly defined line?

The line between grey and clear is pretty uneven (accross the diameter), I'm just wonderinging is that usual?

Oisin
    That's the 'graduated' part, surely? You don't want a really sharp delineation between the ND and the clear part but a gradual change. Some filters are more gradual than others though.

Or do you mean that the 'line' isn't straight? If so, that would be odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

ya the line isn't straight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,680 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Is this one of those cheapo 7dayshop branded filters ? TBH you gets what you pays for, I got a couple of those for B&W filtering and never got any others from them. They were super cheap, looked like someone had painted over a plain glass filter. You're doing yourself no favours sticking them in front of a lens I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Nisio wrote: »
    ya the line isn't straight
    Hmm, that would be a problem, certainly! I'd send it back if I were you then.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

It's one of their own brand filters, I was ordering some bits and came across it. I reckon I've dunked biscuits with more precission ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Alun wrote: »
    Hmm, that would be a problem, certainly! I'd send it back if I were you then.

You have to pay return postage - 7dayshop filters are so cheap its probably not worth it......

Advertisement