Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone town based that can offer help?

Options
  • 18-12-2008 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

as you all know the fundraising for Santa's Strike Force is well underway and part of the fun this year is that you get to challenge another boardsie to do something and make the deal sweeter by offering some money to the SSF to try and convince them to do it.

One of our members ( Javaboy ) has been challenged to have his photo taken in front of the spire holding a placard with a message on it. I believe he also needs to be Christmas attire.

I was hoping to be able to take the photo but didn't realise it would be done on a work day!

Is there anyone who can help with this? javaboy will be along shortly to fill in the details.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Cheers Dragan. Appreciate the help.

The Christmas attire is out unfortunately. My Santy suit is being dry-cleaned at the moment. ;)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with this.

EDIT: Some more details.
    Javaboy to reception please....

YOU'VE been challenged!

I've received a PM from an anonymous benefactor that is going to donate €50 for a picture of you standing underneath the Dublin Spire with a Placard that reads 'YORE MA'.
    I've also been informed that if you dress as Santa Claus/In Christmas attire, there's an extra €50 going to be donated.

Since you're anonymous on boards then you can obviously cover your face with the placard!

I'm not messing by the way!

Do you accept? :D

I'm sponging off the Govt. at the moment but i'll deffo chuck in another €10 if you do this!
    If you're not a Dub then a similar,suitable Irish landmark will do....
    and i dont mean a field! :p

Do iiiiiiiiiiittt!

That's the challenge laid down for me on behalf of a mysterious anonymous benefactor. Since I won't be wearing Christmas attire, I'm going to match the missing €50 myself. It's for a great cause but you lot don't need me to tell you that. I've seen the book you put together.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Offer #1

I only have my G9 with me but could be there after work & a Luas ride into the city. That would make it about 5.45pm. The problem is it would be dark then but I am sure we could work something out. If someone can do it during the day it may be better.

CabanSail wrote: »
    Offer #1

I only have my G9 with me but could be there after work & a Luas ride into the city. That would make it about 5.45pm. The problem is it would be dark then but I am sure we could work something out. If someone can do it during the day it may be better.

Hi CabanSail. Thanks a million for the offer. I should probably have mentioned the time. /slaps head :o

I was hoping to get it done by 4.30 or 5 at the latest. If someone can make it on their lunch break then that would be ideal. I don't want to put anybody out.

Btw I'm sure you're G9 is miles better than any of the cameras lying around in my house. My dad's SLR is here but it's in a safe. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I work at Tallaght, so for me 5.45 is the earliest I could make it.

My offer still stands, hopefully a better one will come along.

If you get a Santa Hat & a few bits from one of the €2 shops it would add the extra €50 to SSF.

CabanSail wrote: »
    I work at Tallaght, so for me 5.45 is the earliest I could make it.

My offer still stands, hopefully a better one will come along.

Cool. Much appreciated.
    If you get a Santa Hat & a few bits from one of the €2 shops it would add the extra €50 to SSF.

Good idea. I'll look into getting a few things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I'll do it, have gear, and need another distraction :)

Fajitas! wrote: »
    I'll do it, have gear, and need another distraction :)

Brilliant. I'll pm you to arrange a time.

Sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Sorted!

Al, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

Well...I'll have to reassess your opinion of me come midnight on Sunday if you come along to the photo beers :pac:

• Advertisement

Dragan wrote:
    Al, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

He is indeed. Thanks to Dragan and CabanSail for the offers too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Tell me the time and I'll do the "Making of" Photo of Al and Santa.

Any tips on how I'll know the difference :D

I'm not wearing my red overalls today :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Well...I'll have to reassess your opinion of me come midnight on Sunday if you come along to the photo beers :pac:

There is a beers? I really need to start paying more attention.:o

Thanks for all the help everyone especially Fajitas for taking the pics. I pity the person that has to photograph Terry though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

So whats the story with the challenges, is it anotehr section of boards or can you just challenge anyone...?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

So whats the story with the challenges, is it anotehr section of boards or can you just challenge anyone...?

*cue eveyone looking very nervous*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Dragan wrote: »
    There is a beers? I really need to start paying more attention.:o

God yeah. Sunday afternoon, Sin E, from around 3.30, 4 onwards. Read the stickies...

AH has a thread here for it: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055436350

You can post a challenge in there if you like. PM the person if they're not likely to see it themselves.

The Nocturnal forum and Soccer forum also have challenge threads. Probably others too. Airsoft have raised a heap of money with various events too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I reckon we should have our own chaellenge thread.... Im trying to think of a challenge and who to challenge I'm thinking Mr. smelltheglove oh but how to do it.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

OK lets start it off ....

I challenge Calina and Animal Rights to sign a Boards.ie Photography Forum Peace Declaration (BPFPD mark 1). Where better than outside the GPO..

Coats on and getting up some speed ......:D;):rolleyes:

Advertisement