Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gig of the year

Options
  • 18-12-2008 3:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭

I've been lucky to get to many good gigs this year, but Mondays show in Tripod of Alabama 3 was my favorite. More dancing than snapping , still happy with my results , either my metering, or just into the groove

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thebaz/

3117286260_0179a9b43c.jpg

3117323870_350e8d9641.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Colours are very nice and obviously lighting at these type of venues too but sometimes I feel that these type of gig shots donate to much to the cliched art type shot we see more and more off, ie too much focus on the lights/shadows and not enough on the sweat/action band.

In the 5 gig shots up on your flickr not one of them is of any actual singing or action.

Not a personal dig at you but just seeing it so much at the bigger gig shots from people where they go for the pose/lighting shots.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Colours are very nice and obviously lighting at these type of venues too but sometimes I feel that these type of gig shots donate to much to the cliched art type shot we see more and more off, ie too much focus on the lights/shadows and not enough on the sweat/action band.

In the 5 gig shots up on your flickr not one of them is of any actual singing or action.

Not a personal dig at you but just seeing it so much at the bigger gig shots from people where they go for the pose/lighting shots.....

For me it would depend entirely on who i was shooting. If i was at a Nick Cave gig it would be big wide shots, lots of lighting and some more intimate stuff. If i was at a Fugazi gig it would be sweat, blood and tears.

Anyway, two nice shots, i like them both.

Shame about the mic stand in the second but those things are the bane of a gig photographer.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

loving the first one baz, a nice change from your bw stuff, i had my suspicions you may be colourblind, now thats blown outta the water haha ;). Sham bout the mic stand indeed as Dragen said but wonderfully sharp and lovely colours. The second is nice, tho it almost seems your image is of the light ray and not the musician if ya get me?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

the thing about Alabama 3 is there is about 3 or 4 main focal / leads - i do know what you mean -

here is the best i could get of vocals - anyway brilliant gig

3118103902_792a22392d.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

freakin awesome Baz

• Advertisement
Advertisement