Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with quinsy!!!

Options
  • 18-12-2008 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all, I need some help!I've been really sick the last few days and finally gave in and went to the doctor yesterday where he diagnosed me with quinsy,which is an abscess on my tonsils. I've been vommiting, running hot and cold, not sleeping,pains in my ears, i can't swallow anything other than liquid which is still very painful and because the infection that causes quinsy can attack the blood and joints...all my joints are seizing up.The abscess has closed the entire right side of my throat and it looks awful...my neck is severely swollen too!I am also starting to get the same symptoms on the left side which has started with a severly sore throat with the pain also in my ear as it is with my right side and my neck is now starting to swell on the left too!I have been researching it on the internet as i had never heard of it until i went to the doctor. Can anyone who knows anything about it or has suffered from it give me some advice on what to do?According to my research, the best option is to get it drained and go on IV antibiotics but I really don't want to end up in hospital this close to christmas!
    Thank you in advance for any replies or advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

sorry mate. We can't give medical advice on here..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement