Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC 3 Must C Show - The Real Hustle!!

Options
  • 18-12-2008 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Was on last week talking about Ben: Story of a heroin addict and got a good feedback and so I was hoping some more of my television buddy's have ever had the chance to see this show as its a real eye opener and fantastically entertaining and deserves a more fitting stage than the backwaters of a BBC sister channel.

The show is based on the art of scamming and conning and features 3 protagonists Alex, Paul and the Delicious Jess ;)and it goes through a variety of techniques used by con artists to swindle the unsuspecting out of their money in the most unique ways. It features in the majority of the episodes, members of the public and shows the scam play out and show's you the viewer the techniques used. Bank card skimming, keyboard copiers, the manipulation of social conditioning and the insecurity of bluetooth technology on your laptop and mobiles are all techniques used to extract money from "the mark".:eek:

The show is so slickly produced with a retro theme which reminded me of the television version of Ocean 11 in the style and content. It mixes information with humour and although a lot the information is quite alarming to think how insecure we are from the scam artists - it offers the light relief of the "proposition bet" which consists of magic tricks + scams who can do in a pub or a pol room to extract money from you're mates.

The Real Hustle is one of the most refreshing and informative security programmes that I have ever watched - and for my money how this isnt one on the main channel beggars belief. Hoping that some of ughs have watched it and was wondering - whats ughs think of it - if you've not seen it download the 1st series or watch some clips on youtube!!!

Comments

Advertisement