Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are never more than a sneeze away from another TG controversy

Options
  • 18-12-2008 12:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

clicky
    Richard Browne, 29, accelerated to regain control of a 4 x 4 that was "snaking" as he towed a trailer containing three bullocks down a steep hill.

The vehicle's owner, Bill Tucker, 85, a farmer, died in the subsequent crash on the A30 near Fraddon, Cornwall on Oct 31 last year.

His driver later told police that when the Mitsibushi Pajero started swerving from side to side he "just tried to accelerate out of it".

Mr Browne, a carpenter, added: "I have watched it on Top Gear, and they always say 'put the accelerator down and get out of it, the worst thing you can do is brake, so that is what I did."

He added: "I tried to accelerate out of it but it slowly got worse and worse and than all of a sudden picked up, and the back of the truck was being thrown from side to side.

"At that point, I had my foot on the accelerator, there was nothing more I could do, and all I remember is it just going."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Jesus, mustn't be much else around for the Telegraph to be writing about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

i was expecting this to be about the falling piano last week

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

:D I love top gear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

amacachi wrote: »
    Jesus, mustn't be much else around for the Telegraph to be writing about.

Well it did involve a loss of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

As you know, some do speed whilst pulling trailers etc etc, so keep the speed right down and it shouldn't occur.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

didn't they also say in that episode that according to the whatever guide book they were reading said slow down to regain control, obviously there comments after were for ammusment only and yer man is just trying to get his 15 mins of fame. and yes it's bad that someone died but he wasn't wearing a seatbelt and if he was he might have survived

Advertisement